Step 1: Open mobile app onsite and select association from list
Download the uManage mobile app for mobile violations from the Google Play or Apple App Store. Login with user credentials (same as desktop site) to access properties. *GPS should be enabled for the app to function properly. Tap the name of an association to select.
Step 2: Select a subject property
All homeowner accounts in the association load as color-coded pins on the map.
The circle portion of the pin indicates HOA violations; purple for open violations, green for no open violations on the account. Alternative colors may be set by an admin user to correspond to possible locations of violations on property, such as the driveway, or side yard.
Tap the map pin for the desired subject property to view summary violation and inspection information.
- Tap the “Violations” button to view all violations for the property.
- Tap the up arrow button at far right in the navigation bar at bottom to open a menu to view, “Account Info”, “Transactions”, “Violations”, “Work Orders”, and “ARC Plans”.
Step 3: Add a new violation
Tap either the “Violations” button on the gray summary info section on the property map view or the “Violations” option in the popup window from the up arrow icon to access the violations page.
- On the violations page, tap the “+” icon to add a new violation.
- Tap to select the type of violation.
- Tap to select the appropriate violation note.
- Tap the camera icon to take a photo of the violation; tap to save or discard and retake the photo.
- Tap the speaker icon to capture audio notes; tap “Start” to begin recording, “Stop” to end, and tap to save or cancel the audio note file.
- Tap to select the appropriate action for the violation.
- Tap “Save” to record the violation.
Violations are saved locally to the device, so inspections can be completed even without data connection. Tap “Sync” on the map view properties page to synchronized locally-saved violation data with the server.
Easy as 1, 2, 3!